Minimum Training Requirements:
- Student must be at least 14 years of age and meet medical category 3 minimum requirements. A category 3 medical certificate can only be issued by an Aviation Medical Examiner approved by Transport Canada.
- Applicant must obtain not less than 60% in each of four mandatory subject areas of the
Transport Canada Private Pilot written examination.
- A minimum of 45 hours of flight training of which:
17 hours shall be dual instruction
3 hours dual cross country
5 hours solo cross country
5 hours dual instrument
12 hours solo flight time
- The applicant must be 17 years of age to obtain the permit.
- Pass a flight test with a Transport Canada Examiner