Minimum Training Requirements:
- Student must be at least 14 years of age and meet medical category 4 requirements, which generally requires only a self-declaration attested to by your personal physician..
- Applicant must obtain not less than 60% in each of four mandatory subject areas of the
Transport Canada Recreational Pilot written examination.
- A minimum of 25 hours of flight training of which:
15 hours shall be dual instruction
2 hours dual cross country
5 hours solo flight time
- The applicant must be 16 years of age to obtain the permit.
- Pass a flight test with a Transport Canada Examiner